Thursday, June 21, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Debatably one of the funniest movies to date, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is about two guys who are trying to get home for Christmas.  If you haven't seen it- look it up and watch it, you won't regret it.  If you have seen it- you'll agree with me in saying that although their trek home is comical to watch, it would in no way be comical to experience.  With that in mind, I am praying that my multiple modes of transportation all go according to plan.  My itinerary is as follows (all times are in local times):


6/21/12, 15:29 - Depart BWI on Amtrak
6/21/12, 18:00 - Arrive Penn Station, NYC
6/21/12, 23:00 - Depart JFK on Emirates
6/22/12, 19:45 - Arrive Dubai Int. Airport
6/23/12, 07:30 - Depart Dubai Int. Airport
6/23/12, 12:00 - Arrive Accra, Ghana


If you were able to follow all of that, you realized that I am going to NYC by train (getting to the airport from there by metro), landing in Dubai after a 14-hour flight, leaving Dubai after a 12-hour overnight layover, and finally arriving at noon in Ghana after an 8.5-hour flight.  With the four hour time difference between home and Ghana, I will arrive at 8am EST on Saturday.  After doing the math, I realized that's over 40 hours of travel time!


Please join me in praying for safe and smooth travels!  (And that I won't relive some of my more unfortunate travel experiences.)  God has watched over me so much already during the preparation stage of this trip, bringing all of my paperwork together on time and without hiccups.  Below, Clancy and I halt our goodbyes to smile for the camera:


I miss you already, Clancy!

2 comments:

  1. Great report, Trevin! I just returned from Moscow last night and have lots of experience with those long flights, as you know. Our prayers are with you and we miss you already! Blessings, dear grandson! Grandpa B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grandpa! I'm sure you have a ton of experience in this realm. I'm quickly learning to navigate any form of public transportation! Miss you guys too! Can't wait for the family reunion

      Delete